Abbreviations Of Different Types Of Relationship You Should Know
The internet has tons of relationship abbreviations concerning dating and relationship, but you only need to focus on the main ones. When it comes to dating, they are SLS, NSA, ONS, FWB and MBA. There are similarities between many of them, but you should never get them mixed up. That`s what this guide is here to help you on.
Why are abbreviations in dating used so often?
Short is sweet on dating platforms. Your bio, headline, and other details about yourself have to be short enough to retain interest, but long enough to inform people what you`re like. Writing out what kind of relationship you want makes your profile look unattractive, so abbreviations are a great workaround. Here`s some of the most popular meaning slang of abbreviations you`ll see:
What does NSA stand for on dating sites?
NSA means `No Strings Attached`. In any sort of NSA relationship, every hookup is treated as a one-night stand. Neither of you have any obligations to each other, which means you have nothing weighing each other down. You`re both in it purely for the carnal desires, and no sort of emotions is involved. You have a partner you hook up with, but you don`t need to even be friends with this person. This means a friend with benefits can be a no strings attached relationship, but it doesn`t always work the opposite way around.
ONS relationship is
ONS means `One-Night Stand`. This is the most common abbreviation in dating sites. It`s when two people meet up for one night of sex, and never again. It`s essentially no strings attached sex, and nothing beyond that. A person who wants an ONS isn`t looking for a relationship or an emotional connection, just an evening of fun.
FWB type of relationship
FWB means `Friends With Benefits`. Ever watch that movie `Friends With Benefits` with the gorgeous Mila Kunis in it? It`s based on two friends, who have no romantic affection for each other, but decide to hook up with each other. The abbreviation in dating sites means the exact same thing. You may meet someone on dating sites who you don`t see yourself being romantically involved with. This doesn`t mean you have to cut contact. If the two of you are into it, you could set up a FWB relationship. Don`t think this is restricted to dating sites. You can find some of your own friends who would be interested in this sort of relationship. You just need to approach the topic in conversation with some tact.
SLS abbreviation in dating means
SLS stands for `Swing Lifestyle`. Swingers are people in relationships, who have sex with other people. This can be together, or separately. Swingers usually hook up with other couples, essentially `exchanging` partners. It`s basically an open relation, but they still have rules. In fact, there are 7 golden rules to follow if you`re in this type of relationship. Swing Lifestyle relationships are built around trust and respect, so don`t expect to get away with cheating. You still have to tell the person you`re dating everything you plan on doing, and ask if they`re okay with it.
Meaning of MBA
MBA stands for `Married But Available`. For a person who says they`re MBA, this can mean many things. It`s the most complicated status to understand and it`s not always cheating. Here`s a list of things that it can mean in their relationship:
- The couple is unsatisfied in their marriage, so they`re cheating to scratch their itch.
- They`re in an open marriage, meaning both the husband and wife are allowed to have intimate relationships outside their marriage.
- The husband and wife are in a stag-vixen relationship, in which the woman(the vixen) sleeps with other men, while the husband(the stag) watches or even participates. The stag and the vixen respect each other in this relationship.
- The spouses are in a cuckold-domme relationship. The wife(the domme) sleeps with other men, and actively humiliates the husband(the domme) about it. He`s sometimes allowed to watch, but is not allowed to participate. The cuck places the domme on a pedestal in this type of relationship.
How do these abbreviations in dating sites work with each other?
Think of rectangles and squares: All squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares. Same thing with many of these abbreviations. Here`s how they typically work out:
- An ONS and FWB are almost always NSA. However, a FWB and ONS are not related.
- An SLS is always an MBA (unless they`re not married), but an MBA does not have to be an SLS.
- You can find an NSA relationship with someone who is MBA, but it is very rare.
- The risk with FWB relationships is while they start as NSA, one person might develop feelings for the other. This complicates things, and suddenly your no strings attached relationship has strings.
Now you know all the main abbreviations in dating. Think it`s time to update your profile and let people know exactly what you`re looking for? The people looking at your profile will know if they`re compatible with you or not right off the bat. No more time wasted over miscommunications, imagine that!